Skip to main content

Spring has Sprung

First day of Spring, and after a bit of tidying following the Frenchies' departure over the weekend (miss them so), I'm stripping down. The only things I wish to hold to look back on, are photos and handwritten cards. The rest engrained in the heart, digitized, or recycled - a new season's Resolution.

We miss a lot of things while we're turned around hence a quote for the day, from Satchel Paige, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."



Here's to looking onward, and ole' Billy Shakespeare, "We know what we are, but know not what we may be."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muchas Gracias, De Nada

In life you will meet two kinds of people. Ones who build you up, and ones who tear you down. But in the end, you will thank them both.

Daydream believers

Colorado Balloon Classic - Day 2 , originally uploaded by iceman9294 . “Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche early in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them but usually I do not understand them… And seldom do they understand me. I am one of those searchers. There are, I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we completely content. We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach; we are drawn to the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hidden rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter. We are ambitious only for life itself and for anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevent our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to other...

Waiting Games

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves."  - Rainer Maria Rilke  -